BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

To My Daddy-I wish he could read it.

I didn't know you very well, but the anniversary of your death is approaching and I honestly miss you. I loved you so much. As much as I was capable of. I will love you till the day I die. I wish you could see me now. See what I'm like, who I am. In my best case scenario, you'd be so proud of me. You'd love what I've accomplished and you'd beam at mention of me. Being around your siblings and parents is really hard for me. I'm sure its hard for them to see so much of you in me, but they got to know you. They can remember who you were. Gram and Pop want to spread your ashes. They've finally made their peace. It's been nearly twenty years, 19, in fact. I look at Uncle Joe and see you, actually envision your face. I hear Uncle Terry talk about how much he loved you and I know you were a passionate person. I hug Uncle Roger and know I'm hugging someone that loves me nearly as much as you did. I spent some time with Aunt Billie Joe recently. We talked about how it was when I was little and I can see her missing you, too. They all do. Aunt Penny is still super involved and administrating. As I grow older, and becoming an adult, I'm the age you were when you died. I cannot imagine having a spouse and two small children. Let alone being where mom was and having to raise them, after losing her spouse. I miss you, Daddy. I love you.

0 comments: